Yep just like bears and squirrils go into hibernation so must I use the current weather conditions to relax a bit, but with deadlines looming Iabcdm glad Iabcdve got reserves stored. Iabcdll be working on a few things away from the park over this weekend.
Updates pending are:
I will be heading into Luna park Sydney this evening to briefly drop off some new material which will appear soon in the caricatures section of www.eddyer.com. As part of a 2 month long complete overhaul of my public base of operations the Luna Park Cartoonist Booth and my website.
Updates pending are:
- The ability to follow me and my work on twitter/EdTMDyer
- New Youtube clips featuring the process of my work
- Online webcomic (to be announced)
Coming soon will be my animations, new display drawings and eventually, games. All I have to now is fugure out how to get them here and Iabcdll be set.
So over the next few weeks a new major overhaul is pending with a new look for www.eddyer.com
…continued from part 1
So began the updating process, I had drawn new material in the past and introduced better stronger work in stages, lord knows I had to replace all the old drawings left over from the previous cartoonist. After much trial and error as more and more pictures would come in, some where shuffled, some were placed in more prominant spaces and some where retired with me shaking my head what was I thinking?!
The latest to emerge I feel more correctly reflect the artist I am, not the hack drawing big heads little bodies and bumper cars (Iabcdve lost count how many times Iabcdve drawn that tired tourist theme) to say Iabcdve been wanting to break the mould for a long time may be an understatement.
So over the next few weeks a new major overhaul is pending with a new look for www.eddyer.com and I would also like to announce that I can be followed on twitter look me up EdTMDyer, most of my tweets will be cute little one liners however important info on whether Iabcdll be drawing at Luna Park will be regularly posted.
“Your Grumpy old man in training”…
Written by Pant Ranter 25th May 2010
Welcome back, Pant Ranter here. Well itabcds been a long time since my last rant; I figured to be somewhat more introspective with this one in fact. Have you ever noticed that most people who start up and then religiously maintain a rant page are some of the most popular people on the Internet? (so long as they remain topical) and I want in.
Iabcdve made a list of essentials:
- First and foremost have an opinion. Now for a rant it needs to be naturally slanting towards the negative however not necessarily doom and gloom but it needs to be witty at the very least.
- Research, it lends an iota of credibility you donabcdt have to do deep analytical journalistic research because A. youabcdre not a news source and B. your reaction needs to have that visceral knee jerk.
- Make up a goofy nick name, or else youabcdre just another “nerd with a chip on his shoulder”, ironically that name may already be taken 😛
Now that Iabcdve imparted what undoubtedly is the abridged version of the unwriten laws of the web blog rant youabcdll be hearing again from me real soon.
Your grumpy old man in training